The easiest way to modernize a room or home is with paint. Color can provide a subtle backdrop or steal the show. From soft neutrals to vivid brights, here are the 5 biggest color trends for home interiors in 2019.
- Grays/Charcoals – While Benjamin Moore’s Color of the Year for 2019 (Metropolitan AF-690) is a neutral, cool gray which is easy on the eye and creates an illusion of a larger space, lush earthy grays and even darker charcoal are also popping up in designs.
- Blues – Always a popular color for paint, modern blues include soft elements of gray and brown, adding dimension. Behr’s Color of the Year for 2019 (Blueprint S470-5) boasts just that.
- Sage – Another color which incorporates gray tones of contemporary style is sage. Far from the old avocado of the 70s, sage is a delicate visually soothing and refreshing neutral which serves as a great backdrop for today’s home.
- Brights – Carefully added as accent walls or nooks, vibrant red, rich purple and mustard yellow add energy and interest to rooms and are just a few of the newest shades showing up in model homes.
- Blush – This is not your grandmother’s pink. Blush paint tones are delicate blends of pinks, grays and taupe to accentuate the natural light of the room. Every year, home designers embrace new colors intended to update the feel of the home; a simple way to update your home, over the weekend.
If you have a favorite go-to paint color, please share in the comments below!