Working With a Realtor®
Whether this is your first real estate purchase or your fifteenth, buying real estate can be a complex and daunting process. In order to make the best decision possible, it’s important to research the market and consider all of your options. Navigating the real estate world without help is nearly impossible – you need someone you can trust, who can share local knowledge, guide you, and represent your interests. Leland offers white-glove service and a structured process from search-to-closing, creating clarity and confidence in order to make your real estate acquisition as seamless and stress-free as possible.
With the goal of helping you find the right home, while also making sure you don’t miss anything or overpay, our process begins with your initial consultation. Together, we will discuss your situation, identify what is important to you, and define the lifestyle you’re seeking. We will focus on a process of elimination as we narrow down our options from thousands of properties on the market to a select handful. Once we’ve identified the very best properties for you, the process continues through these steps:
- Financing: In order to be in the best position to negotiate and not risk losing the property of your dreams, it is critical that you secure a loan pre-approval from a reputable lender prior to viewing homes. A thorough examination of your finances will also clearly identify your budget. Leland works with a number of local lenders who can provide a variety of financing options to suit your specific needs. Cash buyers are strongly encouraged to secure proof of funds in advance.
- Showings: Once financing is secured and we’ve identified the handful of properties that fit your needs, we will schedule showings and tour properties.
- Offer and Negotiation: After we’ve identified the perfect home for you, we’ll put together and submit a competitive offer. Leland will help determine fair market value for the home by analyzing market data and comparable home sales. After discussing the terms of our offer, he will prepare the contract and submit the offer on your behalf. The seller then has the option to accept, reject or counter. More often than not, this is where the negotiation begins! As a certified Real Estate Negotiation Expert (RENE), Leland will help you navigate this delicate process in order to secure the best terms for you.
- Inspections and Contingencies: Once a property is under contract, you will have the right to inspect and address any need for repairs, finalize your financing, and address any other terms of the contract prior to closing.
- Closing: After a final walkthrough of the property to ensure your new home is delivered as agreed, the closing papers will be signed and processed by a real estate attorney or title company, funds will be transferred, and you will receive the keys!
In partnering with a Sotheby’s Global Real Estate Advisor, you have access to a worldwide network of highly qualified agents to assist in the purchase of properties in over 70 countries around the globe. If you are considering an international acquisition, allow Leland to pair you with an expert advisor in the country of your choosing.
Below are some links that will help make your search easier – if you have ANY questions about a property or the area in general, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Popular Buyer Resources